Saturday, November 12, 2011

Review: San San Matte Finish Liquid Foundation

at 11:38 PM
Hello there lovelies!

San San Matte Finish Liquid Foundation is my first liquid foundation ever and I don't know what to expect. I bought it mainly because of curiousity, and it was inexpensive so here we are. Btw, its part of my mini hbc haul (read about it here)

Price: Php132.00 (around 2 USD)

Weighs: 30ml (1.04 fl.oz.)

Shade: 02 (on the lighter side)


Actually, when I got this, the BA said that they only had three shades. I tested all three, and couldn't really see the difference between 02 and 03 so I got 02 because it was the middle shade. Or so I thought. The BA also said it was the one that matched my skintone. However, upon researching online, I found out that it had four shades. Bummer. I should've gotten 03.


It comes in a pretty cool nailpolishpot-looking case and its applicator looks like a mini spatula. Quite convenient and sanitary.






I hope you can see the difference between the side with foundation (right) and not (left) despite the photo. Crappy cam equals crappy shot. Notice the orangey yellowish color in the center? I have it in all of the pics. Its weird :(




The first time I used this was when I did something for halloween. Here's a picture.


Clearly, it was way too light for me (it was perfect for halloween though :D). The second time I used it (which was just awhile ago actually), it gave me lots of blotchy red spots. Its really itchy too. I just hope it would be gone by tomorrow. I don't know why my skin reacted differently today when, actually, I used less of the product because it was lighter than what my shade should be. Probably because its too hot today!

Regarding application, I didn't have a hard time with it, maybe because I'm used to applying BB cream.

It did give a matte finish, made my face look flawless (no need for concealer) and stayed on pretty long. It contains vitamins too.

Will I repurchase? No. Its effective, inexpensive and easy to apply but I don't want the red itchy blotches again.

Have you tried this lovelies? How'd it go?

2 comments:

Aya on March 22, 2012 at 3:49 AM said...

Aww too bad it didn't work too well for you. But it's nice na you're still using it even as a concealer na lang :)

Mica on March 22, 2012 at 4:01 PM said...

Hiyangan din talaga eh no? Yup, it's good I still get to use it para di sayang :)

 

Smizing Up, One Step at a Time Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos