Wednesday, June 13, 2012

What's your quick fix?

at 11:42 AM
It's a rainy morning today lovelies, and this intro might not be that appropriate for the recent weather we've been experiencing for days now, but oh well. You get the picture. ^_^


Living in a hot, humid country like ours, frequent touch-ups are a must to look fresh all day, regardless if you use high-end makeup or not. I actually find this icky (sorry!) whenever I retouch. That is, until I discovered the awesomeness of oil control films! (Believe it or not, I first learned of this through a GUY friend.. a straight guy friend. I was actually laughing at how vain and metro he was for using oil control films... only to find out how essential it is. Sorry naman, walang pakialam sa itsura eh. But that was way way back. Haha)

I tried different brands, but this.. this is THE ONE. :)

Read more after the break!

GATSBY Powdered Oil Clear Paper

Claims to be:
  • Natural paper (Black type) with powerfula absorption of facial oil
  • Oil blotting paper with powder to fully absorb excessive sebum effectively and remove sweat that cause stickiness and oily-look. Keep skin smooth, fresh, clean & shine-free
  • Bigger size paper to cover your face (10cmx10cm)

Price: 
less than Php150

A pack contains 70 sheets, and this lasts me for 3-4 months. It really depends on how fast your face oils up. I usually use 1-2 sheets a day, if I'm out.

What I love about this is it has a matte finish, meaning I don't need to retouch that much. If it's just an ordinary day out, I actually just use this to freshen up, no more powder nor foundation, plus lipstick.


Powdered side

I know, eew right? :P

The packaging is convenient (pop-out type) but too plain for my taste, maybe because it aims to cater to the more oil-prone population: Men? I'm guessing here. :)





Not that I'm complaining, but it could be more... fun. (Because girls just wanna have fu-uun! Sorry couldn't stop myself haha)


Leighton Meester shared this as her quick-fix, by the way. Not exactly the brand, but oil control films, in general :)

Will I repurchase? DEFINITELY! The product does what it claims to do. This is definitely a staple in my kit and I'm lost without it!


Any thoughts on this ladies? What's your quick fix? 

PS. In case you're wondering, I took these photos during my review, when my mind just needed to rest for awhile, hence the "open book" setup ^_^


2 comments:

Aya on June 13, 2012 at 10:38 PM said...

Oh, it is powdered, interesting! Where is this available? :)

Mica on June 14, 2012 at 1:01 AM said...

Hi Aya! It's conveniently available almost anywhere like Watson's and 711. :)

 

Smizing Up, One Step at a Time Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos