Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Luscious Lippie: The FaceShop Fruit Jelly Tube in PP401

at 1:38 PM
I am not a fan of lipgloss, that's the reason why this product is practically the only gloss in my stash. How'd I get hold of it then? Well, a college friend gave it to me as a gift years back. (Ehem, calling Elisha-star!)



Price: Php198.00 (around 4USD)


Weighs: 10ml (0.35 fl.oz.)


Shade: PP401 (sort of a light pink)


As I have said, not a fan of lipgloss. I actually rarely used this before. However, when I started to really play around with makeup and different (outrageous?) looks, I found this gloss truly stunning! It gave me lips as shocking as Lady Gaga's stunts and I really felt I wanted to ppppartey because I had this over my lipstick.


Un-blended


But don't get me wrong lovelies! It still is wearable, provided that the shade underneath isn't too bright.. or should I say, isn't bright at all.


Blended




What I don't like about it, though, is its texture. It's really sticky and hard to remove. Actually, when I swatched this, then subsequently washed it off, there were still some product left on my skin. I guess we could take that positively too, depending on how we look at it. But long wearing or not, I don't like the way it feels. Its as if I have to pout all the way, not even a second's rest.


Its also really glittery, shimmery and thick so it really adds some bejizzle (okay, I just made that word up) to any plain look. Some smizin' fo mah lippey! (~*3*~)


And oh! It smells great too! Light and sweet. Wanna bite my lips off. Rrrr.


Will I repurchase? Hmmm. I still can't say. Still not a gloss-user, but its fun to play around with ^_^


What do you think lovelies? Any other shade you've tried? Know of a lipgloss that could convert me to an everyday user? Tell me! :D


PS. Sorry for the poorest of poor quality of the photos. The cam's busted. notice the sort of yellow light at the center? I don't know what that is but it sure shows signs of depreciation :(

3 comments:

Elisha★ on November 16, 2011 at 12:55 AM said...

I got special mention! ^^ Thanks babe. Lol!

Yeah, lip glosses are really sticky. The best lip gloss I've tried is the light pink one from Philosophy. Ultimate moisturising power too. But nah, I don't think it can convert you. I actually prefer tinted lipbalms more.

Hey babe, wanna try Bloglovin?http://www.bloglovin.com

I noticed that many fashion and makeup blogs have a "Follow me at bloglovin" icon. It might help in promoting your blog.

Mica on November 17, 2011 at 12:02 AM said...

Wahaha. You deserve to be specially mentioned :D

Hmm.. Actually, I have a current fave, it's from Clinique and it's my moms. It's sort of a lip plumper :P I thought of trying Bloglovin' too, but maybe after the review na, when I can go full blast with blogging :D Thanks for the advice though :D

MeiMeiMoi on August 19, 2013 at 12:28 AM said...

I got it s a gift as well and really wanna re-purchase it ( I have it in a brighter tone). I think they have discontinued the product though :((

 

Smizing Up, One Step at a Time Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos