Sunday, November 06, 2011

Review: Etude House Black Charcoal Chin Pack

at 2:45 AM
In the market, I always see nose packs to remove blackhead and whiteheads on the nose. Why is it always for the nose? Probably because this is where those impurities are usually found. So when I saw this Black Charcoal Chin Pack in Etude House, I felt really glad as I started to have whiteheads all over my chin (which, by the way, suddenly appeared, I don’t know why T_T). I tossed it right away in my basket to try it out (part of my haul, view it here).


So cute~
Ready for some horrifying pictures? Read on (~'=_=)~


Claims to: be formulated with black charcoal additives to remove oil and pore deep sebum. Patch tightens pores and contains Aloe Vera to improve chin complexion.


Price: Php38 (around 1USD)


Weighs: 1 sheet = 0.25 g (0.01 oz)


As usual, writings are in Hanggeul with its corresponding English translation on the lower part of the back of the packaging.




Off topic: I had a dilemma once regarding the instructions in English (I don't know how to read Hanggeul) and the illustration included when the picture showed the opposite of what was written in English. I chose to follow the illustration ^_^



How to use it?


1. Wet chin with water. 






2. Remove clear film from pack and fasten adhesive side to chin for 10-15 minutes. 


The sticky part to be stuck on you chin

...and the other side.


Feeling kinda stiff at this point
3. Remove strip when dry.


Sorry for the un-clear photo ^_^


It may not be seen in the picture, but the strip pulled out some whiteheads and sebum (no blackheads). It was very minimal though and left me unsatisfied. Also, it left parts of the strip which were very difficult to remove. I had to rub it so hard, it hurt. This photo was taken after my best effort to remove it by rubbing.





To remove the residue, I splashed my chin with water and rubbed my chin, again. The result? A red chin, with black sticky stuff (yes, there still was a lot of product left) that looked better (visually) before using the chin pack.


Eeewness ^_^;


Will I repurchase? No.


What do you think lovelies? Any promising chin pack you know of? Tell me :)

6 comments:

Nadine Natalin on November 6, 2011 at 4:41 PM said...

You can find something at Watsons :) something with Aloe Vera

Izza Glino on November 7, 2011 at 4:12 AM said...

thanks po for the review...balak ko sana bumili eh...buti na lang nabasa ko tong review niyo. i'm a new follower po pala...hope you can check my blog too. maraming salamat. :)

Mica on November 9, 2011 at 10:37 PM said...

Nadine, under what brand? I'll check it out when I visit Watsons. Thanks for the info!

Clariza, thanks for reading and following! I'll check out your blog too :)

Unknown on August 15, 2013 at 8:35 PM said...

Actually u should leave it on for awhile more and after that when some product (black sticky stuff) is left behind,just use water and slowly rub it off

Unknown on September 13, 2013 at 3:44 AM said...

Hey, you are actually supposed to leave it on for half an hr, and stray the grey/white part with water, not wet your chin, the redness should be temporary, and the skin will feel smooth after. :)

TwinBlogg on February 6, 2016 at 12:27 AM said...

OMG!!! :O such ah horror!
thank you for your review it REALLY helped me out with my decision!

I also write a blog about korean make up reviews, I would be happy if you visit it! :3
http://twinblogg95.blogspot.de/

 

Smizing Up, One Step at a Time Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos