Friday, November 11, 2011

Review: Nivea Fruity Shine Lipbalm in Strawberry

at 11:02 PM
One beauty product a girl shouldn’t be caught without is lip balm. What would be my best bet? No other than Nivea Fruity Shine Lipbalm in Strawberry.


Claims to: make your lips delicious, kissing them with a fruity-fresh strawberry taste. This lip balm covers your lips with glossy shine, over a subtle, red-toned glow. Furthermore:

  • Has a delicious fruity scent combined with smoothing, long lasting care for lips
  • Naturally enhances your lips with shimmering pigments and a soft glossy colour
  • Contains SPF 10, protection against UVA and UVB rays
Price: Php89.00 (around 2USD)

Weighs: 4.8 g

Almost finished this up!

This little baby is my constant companion wherever I go. It keeps my lips nourished and moisturized while leaving a hint of color (and it has spf10 too!). The first time I ever used this (this was in 2nd yr college, yeah I know... late bloomer here! >_<), I got compliments from friends saying that I was blooming and all. Little did they know that this did the trick.

This particular Nivea product comes in different variants, which I have never tried, because I fell in love with Strawberry. (Its not because I absolutely adore anything strawberry, promise :D) The color that it leaves is very subtle and natural, and I think suits any skin color. For my everyday, lazyday look, I just apply this and powder, and I’m all set!


Will I repurchase? Yes! But I think I'd try something else first :)

What’s your everday lip balm lovelies? Do tell me! 

5 comments:

Helen Blas on November 12, 2011 at 1:14 AM said...

Oooh! I used this too before. I alternate it with Cherry (which has a darker bluish red tint). But now, my everyday lip balm is Human Nature's Tinted Lip Balm in Flame Tree. :)

Mica on November 12, 2011 at 2:59 AM said...

Hi Helen! How does it look when applied? :)

Elisha★ on November 16, 2011 at 12:25 AM said...

That's my everyday lipbalm too. It's an all-time fave. You forgot about its taste. It has a strawberry taste too, but you don't notice it after a while when you get used to it. It's also a perfect natural shade. Even with no other makeup, just one sweep brightens your face.

My other favorite lip balm is also strawberry flavored and from Body Shop. Best-smelling lip balm ever! It makes you wanna eat it, but it has no taste. I noticed that Nivea hydrates my lips for up to 1 or 2 hours, but Body Shop lasts for 3 hours. Mind you, my lips chap quickly. However, the Body Shop balm doesn't tint your lips as well as Nivea's.

Another legendary lipbalm I know is from Victoria's Secret. I've only heard it from a friend though. She says that it has a really pretty tint. It smells so good and tastes even better, like chocolate but more addictive.

Mica on November 16, 2011 at 11:49 PM said...

Hi Elisha! I agree. Thanks for introducing it to me! :D I think weighing the pros and cons of Nivea and BodyShop, Nivea wins ;) What I'd like to try is the Smackers lipbalm. The ones with cotton candy and cadbury and hershey's.... Now I'm craving. :))

Unknown on August 1, 2013 at 5:22 AM said...

I have the nivea Angel star lipbalm and it is awesome

 

Smizing Up, One Step at a Time Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos