Monday, November 07, 2011

Smizing Up Tool: ModelCo Lash Wand Heated Eye Lash Curler

at 2:28 PM
As any part of our delicate body, our eyelashes definitely need tender loving care. It needs to washed, conditioned and completely make-up free (when we intend it to be, of course). However, being the beautiful people we are (ehem), who constantly enhance our beauty by curling and stressing our delicate lashes, must exert extra effort to take care of it. It mustn't be tugged nor pressed on too tight. This is especially tough if our eyelash curler doesn't fit the eye shape that we have.

It's a good thing heated eyelash curlers such as ModelCo Lash Wand Heated Eye Lash Curler exist! :D


This review is sponsored (well, not really sponsored, but made possible) by my good friend Steph, with whom I did my halloween special (view it here). I also used this curler for that post. The curler is hers (she bought it in Beauty Bar), and she generously allowed me to write about it. Thank you friend! :)




Claims to: transform even the shortest of lashes into perfectly curled, wide-eyed wonders in a matter of seconds.

Price: Php1,650 (around 33USD) but got it on sale for Php577.50 (around 11.55USD)

Power Source: 1pc AAA battery


Directions are written at the back of the box and are easy to follow.

Big picture so you can read :D
How the brush looks upclose


How to use?

1. Turn on switch, wait for 60 seconds for blue sensor coil to turn white, indicating optimum temperature for shaping.(I couldn't locate the sensor though, just touched the curler to see if it has hot enough) 

Like my strawberry nails? hihi ^_^

2. Place wand at the root of eye lash and press gently, folding back the eyelid. Hold for 10 seconds. Repeat step if necessary.

Looks familiar? I also used this pic in my Halloween Special

3. Afterwards, clean wand with brush that comes with the wand.

The results?

Uncurled
Curled
Now let me guess what's on your mind right now. "Won't it overheat and burn my lashes?!"

Luckily, it doesn't! Not at all! I guess it has this maximum temperature, that even if you leave it turned on for so long, it won't exceed that temp. (that, however, would drain your battery, so don't do it!)

It's also very lightweight, and handy and runs using only one battery, so it's ideal for everyday use. Using it is such a breeze, and takes no more than 2 minutes (including warming up the wand, actually curling the lashes, and subsequently cleaning it).

It also comes with its own cleaning brush which is very convenient. In addition, its price isn't bad at all! Comparing it with normal eyelash curlers belonging to expensive brands (think Shiseido and Shu Uemura), I think this would be a better purchase.

Will I purchase? Oh how I wish it would be on sale again! I'm not willing to spend that much for an eyelash curler, but if it would be on sale... reserve one for me then! :D


Amazing, isn't it? I heard it was a hit among hollywood celebrities like Kylie Minogue.  ;) What do you think lovelies? Are you willing to shell out more cash for this baby?

3 comments:

Myrted on November 7, 2011 at 4:48 PM said...

I've seen this one before. Good fro you that you got it on sale, coz I wont pay the full price for it. Hehe.!

xoxo,
LoveSkinBest

fashioneggpplant on November 8, 2011 at 11:00 AM said...

i wanted this but wasnt sure if it would work because i have really short eyelashes. tnx for this very helpful review :)

join my Birthday Giveaway Series!!!
WIN a Maxi Skirt
or a GC from Asian VOgue

http://fashioneggplant.blogspot.com

Mica on November 9, 2011 at 10:43 PM said...

Myrted, same here! The curler's not mine, belongs to my friend. I'm hoping it would be on sale again so I could buy one for myself!

Ms. Sarah, I think it would work for any length because its really easy to use. You're welcome and thanks for reading! :)

 

Smizing Up, One Step at a Time Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos