Friday, November 18, 2011

Review: Tea Tree Peel-Off Face Mask

at 1:47 PM
I got this product as part of my mini haul post because I was intrigued by the brand, and it was relatively cheap too. I did a quick research on it and found nothing useful. So basically, based on what I saw in Watsons, this brand carries different skincare products like facial wash, moisturizer, exfoliating cream, and this peel-off mask.


Price: Php49.00 (around 2USD)

Claims to: cleanse the skin pore deep, removing dirt, grease, and other impurities, helping to promote a clearer complexion. It has two main ingredients:
  • Natural Tea Tree Oil. An anti-bacterial agent known for its antiseptic healing properties.
  • Peppermint Oil. Renowned for its therapeutic effect on skin disorders and for its cooling sensation.
Weighs: 10 ml

The product settled at the lower portion of the pack so I cut it in the middle to be able to get the gunk out of the pack.


It looks really gooey and slimy and smells a lot like Vicks, thanks to the peppermint oil. :D

How to use:

1. Starting with a clean face, apply a thin layer with fingertips avoiding the eye and lip area.

I got extra extra folds on my right eye :(


If you noticed, I applied a thick layer. Why? For one, it will be easier to peel-off later. Two, there's a lot of product in a pack! Enough for two faces. It doesn't come in a resealable pack though so I think it's best to use it all up immediately.

2. Leave until mask dries.


I was watching a replay of New Girl (starring one of my girl crushes, Zooey Deschanel) while waiting for it to dry. The mask felt really cool and soothing. It was like having Vicks all over my face, which felt really gooooood. I didn't time it, but maybe I let it dry for about 20 minutes.

3. Peel off gently.

I like peeling stuff off.. Like elmer's glue :))



4. Wash face with warm water. Use once a week as part of a skincare regime.


I look like I just came from my mums womb :))
Not much difference, but the experience was nice. It was really relaxing, and if I allowed myself, I would definitely have dozed off while the mask was on. One pack contains a lot, and since it should be used weekly, I suggest the remains to be transferred in an airtight container so it won't dry up.

Btw, even if I applied it extra thick, there still was some product left. I applied it to my mums face the following day, but it came off really thin because there wasn't enough left for thick application.

Will I repurchase? Yes! Tea tree combats oil and would surely do good for my skin, and get rid of those occasional zits.

What about you lovelies? Would you give this brand a try?

5 comments:

Jenn on November 18, 2011 at 7:38 PM said...

Thanks for this review! I love facial masks and peel masks. They feel so good on the face! and btw, I have two folds on my left eye naman. haha! I'm a new follower. Hope you can check out my blog and join my giveaway.

Jenn
The Pink Lemonade Girl

Mica on November 18, 2011 at 11:31 PM said...

Hi Jenn! Di ba so relaxing :) Haha, what do you think caused those folds? It deforms my face :( Thanks for following! I'mma check it out right now :D

Opal Stevens on November 28, 2011 at 5:17 AM said...

Haha, i love peel off masks! This is great:D

http://opalstevens.com

Mica on December 3, 2011 at 1:56 AM said...

Thanks, try it ;)

Meenu `s on November 22, 2014 at 4:26 AM said...

I have a superduper oily cum sensitive skin,keep getting tits and bits of oil pimples near nose area.The packing actually attracted me ..green feels so refreshing always .I tried it today and seriously felt very refreshing and clean..love the peppermint effect .Will surely buy again:)

 

Smizing Up, One Step at a Time Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos