Tuesday, October 04, 2011

Smize Me: Maybelline the Hyper Curl Volum' Express Waterproof

at 1:48 PM
There's no doubt that Maybelline has a huge following with its good quality products at affordable prices. A great example of this is their HyperCurl Volum' Express Mascara, part of their Volum' Express line.



Angled brush

Price: Php249.00 (around 5USD)

Claims to: curl, lengthen, and volumize 3x more without clumps. No need for a lash curler, because it provides a 75-degree curl. Waterproof.

Weighs: 10ml

Shade: Very black

I have lengthy-enough lashes but they're really thin so my mascara needs to have a volumizing formula. I was supposed to buy the Magnum Volum' Express (the one that comes in attention-grabbing yellow tube), but I chanced upon this which is way cheaper so I thought I'd try this one out first. Anyway, I can always buy the other one since its readily available in PCX and department stores if this didn't deliver.

The formula is not dry at all, which makes it easier to apply (and easier to commit mistakes with too).

Amazingly, the hypercurl does curl, lengthen, and volumize! Not as much as it shows on its packaging though.

I tried it with bare untouched lashes (left eye) and pre-curled ones (right eye). Here's what it looked like (I don't know how to edit pictures, so please excuse the poor photos):


Left eye (the white spot isn't dirt or something else you might be thinking ^_^)
Left eye - side view

My lashes looked thicker and longer after applying the mascara, even without curling them prior to application. However...

Right eye

Right eye - side view


They looked awesome when pre-curled! One dip and several swishes to the lashes give noticeable lashes perfect for any-everydays. Two dips show off a more dramatic effect which is the look to go for night outs and photo shoots. Three dips... wait, I wouldn't go that far.

All these and its waterproof!! However, not everyone wants a waterproof mascara because it requires hardwork in taking it off.


It also comes with an angled brush, as shown above, which some may have difficulty playing with. I, for one, had a hard time using it on my left eye (I'm a righty). It always stains my eyelid. It's my first time with an angled brush so I think it won't be a problem for you make up pros. :)


Will I repurchase? Definitely! But not now. I want to try out others first. Especially ones with a different brush.

I'm quite satisfied with this product. What do you think? Any suggestions on what mascara to try next? Let me know lovelies :)

4 comments:

fashioneggpplant on October 5, 2011 at 10:41 PM said...

great review, been curious about this product :)

"join my Halloween Paisley giveaway! Win a giant shopper, color block sandals and a bunch of chocolates! :)"

Mica on October 6, 2011 at 8:32 PM said...

Fashioneggplant, thanks! Happy to serve :) Its a good buy for its price :) You should try it! And I will check out your giveaway soon :)

Helen Blas on October 9, 2011 at 12:00 PM said...

Glad this worked for you. Got mine before but it was soooo dry, like the consistency of an old mascara. I had to have it returned. :P

Mica on October 9, 2011 at 1:54 PM said...

Helen, yeah I've read that post of yours :P Maybe they were disposing of old inventory the time when you bought it. Fortunately, I got to buy mine before reading your post! Haha :)

 

Smizing Up, One Step at a Time Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos