Thursday, November 17, 2011

NOTD: HD Oily Cracking Nail Polish in sort of Royal Blue

at 12:02 PM
It took a long time before I decided to write this post (and NOTD posts) because:
  1. I'm not really good in applying nail polish.
  2. I've got no talent in nail art.
  3. I don't buy nail polish that often.
However, I really wanted my blog to cover a lot of things, all related to beauty, fashion, well-being, and smizing up (though this term coined by Tyra Banks refers to "smiling with your eyes", I take it as leveling up or glittering up or any action that makes a lady feel confident about herself).

So here it is lovelies: my first ever NOTD :)


Close up on the prettiest nail ^_^

The products I used:




Base Coat: The FaceShop (Php95.00/around 2USD)


White Base: San San in French White (Php37.00/less than 1USD)


Cracking Polish: HD Oily Cracking Nail Polish in sort of Royal Blue (Php100.00/2USD)



Top Coat: San San Colorless (Php37.00/less than 1USD)


I know it looks really simple, but it took me a long time to actually make it look acceptable. I was really curious with cracking polish and wanted to buy but never saw one in the mall. By fate, when friends and I went to Nuvali, and the bazaar beside it, there was a stall selling nail art stuff. There, I got this HD polish in Royal Blue (I just gave the name color), BK cracking polish in violet, and 2 strips of nail stickers. I got so excited that I spent almost Php500 just in that stall.

Anyway, as I have said, it took me awhile to make it look pretty because the consistency of the polish is dry. I know cracking polishes are really supposed to be like that, but it dries up even before I take the brush out of the bottle. I know the cracks are a bit too wide, but I think it looks just fine.

What do you think lovelies? Any tips on using cracking polish?

PS. I'm also planning on posting how I do my strawberry nails too, which can be seen in a previous post. Watch out for that :)

0 comments:

 

Smizing Up, One Step at a Time Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos