Friday, November 07, 2014

Let's Crush that Clump! Review: Covergirl Clump Crusher

at 12:00 PM
Hi dearies!  I am quite giddy about this post because of how fascinated I am with this product. Without further adieu and useless whatnots, let's talk about Covergirl’s Clump Crusher by lashblast. More about the product after the break!




I’ve been pretty much inclined to Maybelline when it comes to mascaras, as they’re quite affordable without sacrificing the quality. Little did I know that Covergirl offers almost the same thing!

Claims to: deliver 200% more volume (vs bare lashes) and zero clumps for beautifully separated lashes. Water resistant.

Price: Php495.00 (approx 9USD)

Weighs: 13.1 ml

Shade: Black

It is no secret that the formulation of any mascara is nothing without a good applicator/brush. With the Clump Crusher, we can really see that its brush is made for volume and less clumps.

According to the Company:
"The curved brush features a lash loading section to saturate lashes with loads of product and fine-tooth comb bristles to evenly distribute mascara.”

The way the brush is curved enables easy application from tip to tip without messing up the other side of our lashes. Its teeth are also positioned with just enough room in between to evenly apply the mascara and glide on smoothly on our lashes.

I usually encounter the problem of messing up my eye makeup because of excess mascara running on my lids while applying some on my lashes. This is minimal when I use the Clump Crusher.

Quick tip: For those who really can’t avoid this mistake, try holding the back of an old spoon against your lashes while applying mascara so that the excess goes on the spoon instead of your lids ;)


I also noticed that the Clump Crusher does not only add volume to my lashes, but also lengthen it at the same time. I don’t know if it’s just my observation but judging on this picture... Well, let the photo speak for itself.

See how visible my lashes are? This is just one dip in the tube. Imagine how much volume it would create with two or three dips! (I actually tried doing three, and my mom thought that I used falsies. Neat, huh?)

With Covergirl Clump Crusher

Bare Lashes
The Clump Crusher comes in four colors (Very black, Black, Brown black, Brown) and two variants (regular and water-resitstant). I bought the water-resistant variant, yet I found no trouble in removing it. Just the usual wash and makeup remover (Hello Happy Tea Time makeup remover!) and I’m done! I noticed though that it dries up much faster on my lashes than regular mascaras, which is good.

Aside from the color of its tube (GREEN!! :D), I appreciated the packaging since the brush was placed outside the mascara tube itself. This enables us to clearly see what the brush actually looks like without the product yet. This also adds more assurance that the product is a fresh one, or at least the brush is.



Will I repurchase? Definitely! Or maybe I’ll give other mascaras from Covergirl a try. I’m a very happy kid with this mascara! :)

Have you tried any Covergirl mascara? How'd it go? Do share! :)

3 comments:

CJ on November 7, 2014 at 5:06 PM said...

Uhhh I wanntttt.
Latest Post!

Helen Blas on December 11, 2014 at 5:45 PM said...

Love the effect of this mascara on you. I have the same one, but I could have been applying it wrong all along. Haha. Will try this one again. :D

Mica on December 13, 2014 at 11:14 PM said...

@Helen. Well, you could have also bought bad stock? Anyway, super like this mascara!

 

Smizing Up, One Step at a Time Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos