Friday, October 28, 2011

Review: Myra Vitasmooth Face Powder

at 12:08 AM
I’m the powder-blush-lipbalm kind of girl (especially when it’s a lazy day) and it’s naturally important to find a face powder which is perfect for me and my everyday adventures.

I have been a Pond’s user for almost a year now, but I wanted to try something else. Something I wanted now was a compact with a mirror (Pond’s doesn’t have one), so when I went shopping (check out my previous haul here) I included it in my to-buy list.

I had no particular brand in mind so I checked out whatever I saw. My choices were narrowed down to two: Maybelline and Myra Vitasmooth.

I ended up buying Myra Vitasmooth!


Why? Simply because it was cheaper (the inner kuripot in me came out, hehe) and I didn’t see a shade for me from Maybelline. Plus, the BA couldn’t provide me with a tester nor open a product to see how the shade really looks like. On the other hand, she was able to fetch Myra testers for each of its shade. Also, two of my friends loved Myra and really searched for it at the time when it went out of stock.



Claims to: be a light face powder that covers blemishes for a naturally flawless and shine-free look. It is enriched with Vitamin E that nourishes skin and SPF 15 that protects you from the sun’s UV rays. It is mild, gentle, and safe for everyday use.

Price: Php130 (around 3USD)

Weighs: 10g

Shade: Natural

It is indeed light, and when I swatched it, it can hardly be seen, much more in the picture. It gives minimum coverage hence looks very natural. It stays on for an hour or two. So far, no break-outs for me from this product.

Very light. Can you see it?
I like how the box is thoroughly sealed, on both sides, and bears its manufacturing and expiry dates both on the box and the compact as well. Which, may I add, is easily identifiable as to which is which, unlike other products which just stamp on a date and consumers are left guessing what its significance is. 




The compact also has a mirror and a sponge (as with every face powder).



By the way, this is what Natural looks like:

Natural indeed! Perfect for everyday use

Well, there’s nothing special about this product but what wins me is that it has SPF 15 which is very important. A higher SPF would be nice though but with its low price, who are we to complain?

Will I repurchase? Maybe yes, maybe no. It really depends on how long it takes for me to finish it up. Or if I discover a new face powder.

Do you know of a nice everyday face powder? Tell me lovelies!

0 comments:

 

Smizing Up, One Step at a Time Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos