Sunday, October 09, 2011

Make Up Tutorial: Blue Baby

at 3:08 AM
When I was conceptualizing this blog, I really didn’t know what I could offer. I mean... I just started getting into makeup, I was not exceptionally good at it, and I didn’t have anything but the basics.

Lots of ideas would pop in my head but when I do try it, it wouldn’t look as I had pictured it. One fortunate day, I saw my mom use her newly bought turquoise eyeliner under a black liquid one. So basically, that’s where I got inspiration for this look. I tried it, perked it up a little and ended up with this bright luminous look. It's really easy!


(Picture heavy post)

Here’s how to do it.

1. Apply bb cream as base, then eye gel/cream around eyes and on lids. Subsequently, apply powder foundation all over the face, concealer on problem areas and set it with loose powder.



2. Brush on light flesh(or white) eyeshadow all over lids and on brow bones.



3. Brush on sky blue eyeshadow all over lids, over the flesh(white) color, and extend it into a wing.



4. Slide turquoise eyeliner pencil just nearing the lash line all across the lids. Smudge a little to blend. Dust off bronze eyeshadow lightly on the area between the brow bone and eyelids. (Not visible in the pictures but this adds shine and sparkle)



5. Apply black liquid liner and cover spaces in between. Wing it out if desired.



6.  Line lower lash line with black eyeliner pencil three-fourths across. Line remaining lash line with green pencil eyeliner (the shade I used was also turquoise but belongs to a different brand and is lighter and less visible than the one used in the lids). Brighten eyes by dusting off flesh(white) eyeshadow on the inner corner of the eyes.



7. Curl lashes and finish off with mascara.



8. Apply blush and lipstick of choice. Easy right? :)




Products Used:

Face: Maybelline Clear Smooth Minerals BB cream, MAC studio fix foundation, Johnsons and Johnsons Baby Powder

Eyes: Clinique Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief Gel/Cream, Ever Bilena Eyeshadow 12 shades, Nichido Girls Night Out Eye Pencil (Turquoise, used on eyelids, and Black), Wet n Wild Color Icon Pencil Eyeliner (Turquoise, used on lower lash line), Estee Lauder Pure Color Eyeshadow, Maybelline Hypercurl Volum’ Express Mascara (for a full review, go here)

Cheeks: Nichido Multiple Stick (Sunset Glow)

Lips: Ever Bilena Matte (Off Beat Pink)

Just a note: I really looooove the lipstick I used here. You might want to try it too.


As I have said earlier, I really don’t know what to offer. Should I continue writing tutorials like this one? Please tell me lovelies and help me out. I would love to read honest and objective feedback :)

FOTD! :D






10 comments:

Helen Blas on October 9, 2011 at 12:05 PM said...

I like your lippie! :) Blue eyeliner is a fun look to try. It's not OTT but it still brightens up your eyes.

Mica on October 9, 2011 at 1:58 PM said...

Helen, thanks! I was surprised how good it looked (the lipstick) and have been trying out different brands, but Ever Bilena's Matte lipstick was the only one that satisfied the matte look I wanted. :) Yes, you should try it! :)

Jes Roque on October 9, 2011 at 11:07 PM said...

The combination of a colored eyeliner and a black one never fails. Good job, Sweetie! :)

Mica on October 11, 2011 at 9:35 PM said...

Jes, maybe I should do another one using green.. then purple.. then red.. Hahaha. Kidding! Thanks lovely! :)

Wonder Woman on October 14, 2011 at 2:35 AM said...

Nice! :)

http://wonderwomanrises.blogspot.com

Mica on October 16, 2011 at 11:23 PM said...

Thanks WonderWoman!

Glenn Encinares on October 18, 2011 at 11:41 PM said...

Hi Mica thanks for dropping by in my blog. You look good in this FOTD. Thanks for following Gencified and I started following your blog also :)

Glenn

Mica on October 19, 2011 at 10:28 PM said...

Thank you Glenn! Looking forward to your fashion/makeup posts ;)

Gellie Abogado on October 23, 2011 at 12:17 AM said...

Blue looks pretty on you Mica. Thanks for dropping by my blog. :)

xoxo,
Gelleesh
http://www.gelleesh.com

Mica on October 23, 2011 at 3:52 AM said...

Thank you Gellie! As what Jes said, colored eyeliner with black always looks good :)

 

Smizing Up, One Step at a Time Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos