Saturday, January 14, 2012

Review: Purederm Botanical Choice Nose Pore Strips "Tea Tree"

at 2:18 AM
Hello there lovelies! I know I've been MIA a lot, and I'm truly sorry for that. I've just been so busy with review classes, and wanted to rest (READ: eat-sleep-eat-sleep) during weekends. But since I'm feeling quite energetic today (I've been talking nonstop the whole day ^_^), I think I'll be doing more than one post :D

And yes, I'm back with another nose pore strip! Hahaha! Sorry for obsessing about my blackheads and other impurities on the nose area. It's just that they're so visible it bugs the hell out of me! Curious if it works? Read on then :)

Claims to: be a one-stepcleansing treatment specifically designed to unclog pores and lift away unwanted blackheads. The strip removes dirt and oil which clog pores, leaving your skin clear and smooth. Continued use works to tighten pores, keeping skin looking and feeling fresh.

Price: Php170.00 for 6 strips (around 3USD)

Complete details and instructions are found at the back of the box. Pretty convenient. The manufacturing and expiry dates are printed on the box too. Sorry for the lowest of low quality photos!


It claims to be free from paraben too! Well, actually, before I got into beauty blogging, I've never heard of paraben so I researched on it a bit. I found out it's a chemical used to preserve cosmetics etc. that may have negative effects (cause cancer). Please take note that I said MAY have negative effects. It isn't conclusive yet, and different researches produced different results. But I guess we shouldn't put ourselves at risk, better to steer away from products which contain paraben, especially for those who have sensitive skin. I, however, don't consider it a factor in make up/skincare shopping :)


Individually packed:



How to use:

1. Thoroughly wash your face, making sure that it is free of any creams, lotions or make-up.

2. Dry hands, then open packet and peel the trip off from the plastic liner. Use opened packet promptly so strip peels easily from liner.


3. Thoroughly wet your nose with water. If nose is not wet enough, the strip may not stick and may not be effective.

4. Apply the strip to moistened nose area with the shiny side facing your skin. Press down and smooth out air bubbles, ensuring good contact with skin.

5. Let the strip dry for 10 - 15 minutes. The strip should feel stiff as it dries. Depending on humidity, climate or perspiration, leave on slightly longer or shorter.

Tip: Make sure to press strip tightly especially on the sides to get those nasty impurities in that area.





6. After the strip is dried, slowly and carefully peel off strips starting at edges, pulling toward center. If there are any residue, rinse off with water.





Eeeewness. Haha! As we can see, it did pull out a lot! There were bits of blackheads, but what really came off was sebum. Lots of it. >_<


CAUTION! (as seen on the box)
1. Avoid using on sunburned, blemished, or pimply skin.
2. Avoid using on skin sensitive to tapes, bandages or peel off masks.
3. Use only on nose (Do not use around the eyes)
4. Use 1-2 times weekly (allow a 3-day interval in between usage)
5. If the strip adheres too strongly to skin or is painful to remove, wet the strip thoroughly until strip slides off easily.
6. Keep away from children.


I follow the items above regardless of what pore strip/cream I use. Fyi lang :)


So far, so good! It's very similar to Etude House Green tea nose pack which I did a review on previously. Both have tea as oil-busting elements, and both are Korean products! Out of all items in my search for the perfect blackhead remover, the two strips are on the top spot. :)


Will I repurchase? Yes!


Have you tried this lovelies?


Hmm.. and may I just add. Do you want me to compile and compare all blackhead remover products and my findings I have done in one post? Would it be more convenient? Tell me :)

3 comments:

Gen-zel on August 11, 2012 at 5:57 PM said...

Wow! Did you buy this from Watsons? I want to try this one too! :D

~ www.genzelkisses.com

Mica on August 12, 2012 at 2:31 PM said...

Hi Gen-zel! Yes, I bought this from Watsons and it's a good buy :)

coralcrue on March 17, 2014 at 5:35 PM said...

this looks brilliant but i can't find it where i live :( lovely review.

 

Smizing Up, One Step at a Time Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos