Monday, November 03, 2014

Review: Snoe's Delish Magic Apple Whitening S-Rub

at 12:00 PM
Hello Lovelies! After a two year-long hiatus, tt's back to business for me and my blog!

I’m back with another review for a product from a Filipino brand known for its skin whitening offers, Snoe’s Magic Apple Whitening S-rub.


This product has been on the shelves ever since Snoe has been making its presence felt in the beauty world and before they became a household name with kiosks and numerous outlets scattered here and there. Still, the Magic Apple rub still sells like hotcakes! Wanna know why? Know more after the break :)




I think it would be appropriate to address why I am reviewing this only now even if the product itself is nothing new. Well, first, I only purchased it now (I had other scrubs to finish then). And second, I find that even after all these years, the product is still review-worthy and relevant. I hope you get what I mean J


Snoe’s Magic Apple rub is basically a leave-on body scrub which promises to remove dead skin and make skin feel silky and lighter in an instant. It also claims to whiten dark areas of the skin.

Claims to: Slough off dead skin without the need to rinse. Skin becomes silky and lighter, instantly!

Price: Php250 (approx 5USD)

Weighs: 100g



Upon opening the tub, I noticed two things: first, was how apple-ish its scent was! It would definitely pass as a real fruit, if I were blindfolded; second, was how oh-so creamy the scrub is. A first-timer would definitely doubt the product’s effectiveness due to its texture. The grains of the scrub were barely visible I’d think there wasn’t any.



Alas, my doubts turned to amazement upon dipping my fingers into the tub (yep, definitely a downside there - sanitary issues) and scrubbing some on my hand. I felt the tiny bits of grains mixing with the dead skin being removed from my hand. After a few seconds of scrubbing, the grains became more visible and grew into a more noticeable size. Some clusters were huge enough to pass off as a snowflake (or what I presume a snowflake to look like in real life since I haven’t seen one in person L ). I guess those are my dead skin together with the rub.




True to its promise, my skin felt silky smooth after the rub. I felt that there was no need to apply lotion or moisturize after. There was no need to wipe the product off since it was either absorbed by my skin or turned into “snowflakes” and just needed to be dusted off (just make sure to sweep the floor afterwards! :P ).


As for the whitening effect of the scrub, I noticed that it gave me an instant effect, just like Snoe’s Here comes the sunblock (See review here). I noticed that part of the ingredients was bengkoang extract which probably caused the instant whitening effect.

L - after Snoe S-rub | R - bare
As of date, I haven’t finished using the tub and I didn’t notice any major whitening effect on the areas I use it on. It should also be noted that I wash the product off as I scrub before taking a shower at night and I don’t use it as often as I should (twice in a week). However, as a scrub, it definitely earns 5 stars due to the product’s ability to visibly remove dead skin and moisturize at the same time.

Will I repurchase? Not at the moment as I am still sticking to my regular body scrub :) But if I do miss the yummy apple scent, maybe I would!

6 comments:

Jhanz on November 3, 2014 at 2:30 PM said...

That's a really nice review! :D Now I wanna buy one for myself too. :3

Gellie Abogado on November 3, 2014 at 2:35 PM said...

I love Snoe products but I haven't given this particular scrub from them a try pa... Might check it out soon ;)


xoxo,
Gelleesh.com

Teri on November 3, 2014 at 4:11 PM said...

I never encountered this product before. The S-rub must be big, since the apple is small in the second picture. I thought it's like a lip balm container. I haven't tried a lotion with a container like that, you really need to have a clean hand prior scooping. Where did you but this sis?

(" Sa Mata ng Isang Probinsiyana ")


.

Teri on November 3, 2014 at 4:13 PM said...

Where did you buy this sis? I haven't tried a cream/lotion with that kind of container. It looks big pala, i thought it was like a lip balm container. You really need a clean hands prior scooping.

(" Sa Mata ng Isang Probinsiyana ")


.

Mica on November 3, 2014 at 10:37 PM said...

@Jhanz and Gellie. Go! It's super affordable and works pretty well as a scrub :)

@Teri. I got this in Cinderella, Glorietta. They have a Snoe kiosk there. :)

Helen Blas on December 11, 2014 at 5:46 PM said...

I love this Srub but I wash it off to in-shower. :)

 

Smizing Up, One Step at a Time Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos