Saturday, March 10, 2012

Etude House: Happy Teatime Milk Tea Cleansing Cream

at 5:32 PM
I bought this Happy Teatime Milk Tea Cleansing Cream a long time ago, together with its facial wash counterpart and other items in this haul. The review took so long because first, the dreaded review for board exam started; second, I was trying out other products as well to aid my, err, other concerns and third, I tried to observe how far this product would last.

If you have read my review on the Happy Teatime Milk TeaFacial Wash, or if you’re kind enough to stay tuned and read most of my posts, you’d know that I adore milk tea and that I’m quite drawn to products that smell like it.

And with that advisory, let us proceed.



Price: Php198.00 (around 4 USD)

Claims: Cleansing Cream’s creamy texture contains milk protein to remove dirt and makeup while keeping skin moisturized with the pleasant fragrance of tea.

See how cute it is?




So basically, this is a makeup remover that doubles as a light-duty moisturizer. For its primary purpose, I could say that it does remove makeup, but not thoroughly, especially mascara and eyeliner. In fairness to it, it does say to avoid contact with eyes so I’m not sure if it is designed to remove those as well.

L-R: Maybelline Waterproof Mascara, Estee Lauder Mascara, Wet n Wild Eyeliner,
Etude House Color My Brows, Nichido Liquid Liner

After 3-4 swipes using cottonbuds

After gentle rubbing with cotton pad
As a moisturizer, it works fine for me as my skin is far from dry, so I don’t need much moisturizing. It has a light, oily feel to it, but nothing that would bother me. It also says that it could be washed off or just wiped away. It did not cause any breakouts. And of course, it smells great! :)

I still haven’t reached half of the tub, maybe because I only apply a small amount. That small amount is sufficient, trust me. It would be too oily if too much is applied. I’m guessing this would last for 4 months more with continuing use.


One unexpected benefit I THINK I got from this cleansing cream is it peeled my milla off! Let me reiterate that I THINK it did it. I concluded such because I stopped using this cream when a friend gave me a sample bottle of Wonder Pore toner, and the morning after resuming to this cream, my milla came off. I even thought it was a huge piece of “morning glory” but to my surprise, it was my milla! I’ve had it since high school and it gradually increased in size, and hurt a bit whenever I scratched it. I’ve consulted the derma and they said it could be removed by using a cream which would burn it. Since I’m reviewing for the board, I can’t risk damaging my eye as that would definitely drag me down. I’m really glad that I don’t have to go through the burning process. However, let me stress again that I just think it did it, and I don’t guarantee it was the one that removed my milla. After all, I have been using the cream on and off before.

Will I repurchase? No, it lasts a long time and I think I could use a better makeup remover.

Have you tried this ladies? Any makeup remover you'd like to recommend? Tell me! :)

2 comments:

Arya De Guzman on October 24, 2012 at 11:25 PM said...

nice blog, new follower here. visit my blog too if you have time :)
http://thecertifiedlatebloomer.blogspot.com/

Mica on November 4, 2012 at 9:17 PM said...

Thanks Arya! Sure. I'll check it out :)

 

Smizing Up, One Step at a Time Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos