Sunday, December 25, 2011

Review: Etude House Pomegranate Facial Mask

at 3:23 AM
I got this Pomegranate Facial Mask as a freebie when I last visited Etude House. Isn't it fab? See my post here. Merry Christmas to me! :D







I'm not familiar with the pomegranate fruit and its benefits. If you'd ask me about papayas, mangoes, bananas, or oranges, that'd be a different story. So I did a quick research and here's what I found:


Some benefits provided by pomegranate:


Wikipedia~
DiarrhoeaPomegranate juice is a mild astringent, used to treat diarrhoea, and reduces some fevers. 
Anti-parasitesThe root bark is used to treat intestinal parasites, mainly tapeworm. The alkaloids narcotise the tapeworms so they lose their grip to the intestinal wall and are expelled. These alkaloids are also very toxic so they should not be used for self-medication. 
AntioxidantPomegranate contains many phytochemicals with antioxidant action, such as ellagic acid. Ellagic acid has anticarcinogenic, antiatherogenic and antifibrosis activity. 
Skin WhiteningStudies have shown that ellagic acid can suppress UV-induced skin pigmentation when applied topically or when administered orally

That being said, pomegranate may be used as an ingredient in skincare products.

Claims to: be an essence mask that contains pomegranate additives that nourish for a healthy complexion. It has a tension fit design for improved facial adhesion and comfort.


Price: Got mine for free yo! but retails at Php58.00 (around 1USD)


Weighs: 0.8 fl. oz.


How to use:


1. Apply mask sheet to cleansed face and leave on for 20~30 minutes.


BOO!~
2. Remove mask and massage remaining solution into skin with hands.


*Recommended interval for mask application is every 2~3 days for maximum efficiency.


So much solution left in the pack! Weeee! :D The scent was unnoticeable which is good for me because my nose gets runny when I put on strong stuff. While I had the mask on, it felt really relaxing and cool, which I think are musts with masks. (tongue twister? hihi) After removing it and massaging the remaining contents, my face became softer somehow, and brighter. It did feel a bit sticky but not a bother. The fit of the mask was perfect except for the mouth part. It was too big for me.


Will I (re)purchase? Not at the moment. I still prefer peel-off masks :)


PS. MERRY CHRISTMAS LOVELIES! Enjoy the holidays :)

2 comments:

Pika on March 23, 2012 at 2:55 PM said...

Thanks for your review! I also got this mask when I purchased above rm100 at etude house (I'm from Malaysia). I haven't tested it yet, but I'm sure I'm going to love it when I do!

Mica on March 23, 2012 at 11:48 PM said...

You're welcome Lee Pika! I hope you enjoy it as much as I did :)

 

Smizing Up, One Step at a Time Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos