Sunday, October 02, 2011

Sweet Cravings: Yves Rocher Vanilla Nourishing Lip Balm

at 12:50 PM
I've always been a fan of vanilla scents. It's just so sweet and delectable! That's why when I saw this cute little lip balm in Yves Rocher Southmall, I said to myself "I'll come back for this baby."

And guess what, I did!

Price: Php200.00 (around 4USD)

Claims to: nourish lips and make them shine with a natural, transparent sheen. 

Weighs: 
0.17 oz. Jar / 5 g


I've been using it for more or less two weeks, and I really lovelovelove the scent! If not for its scent, I wouldn't have bought it anyway. Quite costly for 5g but the scent well compensates it, for me at least. It makes my lips good to eat!! It's just so douce! (Pardon me for repeatedly mentioning the scent, it's that good.)


A downside is, as with most products that come in a tub, it doesn't come with any applicator so you have to dip your finger in the tub and subsequently apply the product. It also shines and sheers the same as with other products in the market.


Will I repurchase? No, unless I get that insatiable craving of vanilla. ^_^


By the way, I really wasn't familiar with the brand so I did some research. Yves Rocher tags itself as "the world leader in botanical care" and has five principles (directly lifted off their website):
  1. Basing our behavior on the plant worldAll products are derived from plants for beauty that awakens the senses and is more alive.
  2. The plant world is our only source of inspiration. Exploring the richness of the plant world for beauty that is innovative and never ceases to renew itself.
  3. Understanding the plant world. Guaranteeing safety and quality without compromise for a surer, more effective beauty.
  4. Protecting the plant world. Actively defending the environment for beauty that is more responsible.
  5. The plant world for all women. Making beauty accessible to all women for beauty that is more generous.
Now who doesn't want that right? Being beautiful while loving our home planet. What do you think? Do tell me lovelies. :)

5 comments:

Kari on October 2, 2011 at 1:45 PM said...

Great entry, love! ;) A good start to your blog :) Yves Rocher is relatively new, last month or so lang ata sila nagbukas.

Elisha★ on October 2, 2011 at 3:44 PM said...

Cool! You make it sound so intriguing. I want to try it too.

Mica on October 4, 2011 at 11:07 AM said...

Ate Kari, Thaaaaaank yooooouuu! I plan to save up pa for other products of theirs and post reviews about it :)

Elisha, thaaaanks! You should, especially if you're a fan of anything vanilla, just like me! :D

Helen Blas on October 9, 2011 at 11:58 AM said...

It sounds yummy! :) I did not know that Yves Rocher products are affordable. I've seen their store in SM The Block but I have not entered it yet. Hehe!

Mica on October 9, 2011 at 1:51 PM said...

Helen, it is yummy!

Well actually, they are a bit pricey but not that much. Still affordable but something I'd need to save up for (given that I'm still a student and rely only on my allowance). The BAs in SM Southmall were really nice and accommodating, and they even offered me a membership card I think even if this is the only item I bought.

 

Smizing Up, One Step at a Time Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos